The four-day Ghan Expedition journey will be available on all Darwin-Adelaide departures from 3 May to 25 October in 2017. The Expedition takes travellers on an epic outback adventure with excursions in Katherine, Alice Springs and Coober Pedy across four days and three nights.
Aboard The Ghan Expedition, guests can choose to:
- Cruise the ancient Nitmiluk Gorge in Katherine or get their boots dirty at the new Katherine Outback Experience on offer
- Take a scenic flight over Uluru including a tour around the base and picnic lunch as part of an upgrade option in Alice Springs
- Indulge in a memorable outback dinner in Alice Springs
- Delve beneath the surface on a full day excursion to the underground opal mining town of Coober Pedy
Great Southern Rail Director of Sales and Marketing Steve Kernaghan said The Ghan Expedition offered unmatched access to many of the country’s iconic outback destinations over just four days.
“Following overwhelming demand for The Ghan Expedition in 2016, it was the right time for Great Southern Rail to open up more departures of this popular journey and showcase the heart of Australia to even more travellers.”
New seasonal fares for the 2017/18 season have also been introduced. High, shoulder and low seasonal fares for both The Ghan and Indian Pacific offer a breadth of choice for savvy travellers, with the opportunity to save up to $550 per person on a Gold Service journey dependent on time of travel (Based on Indian Pacific Sydney to Perth journey, or vice versa, travelling in Gold Service Twin).
To save even further, Advance Purchase savings of up to $1200 per couple are available on adult fares in 2017/18 when booking more than six months in advance (spaces are limited).
Other journey highlights to be launched from 1 April 2017 include:
- A new morning experience on the Nullarbor Plain for all Indian Pacific eastbound journeys (Perth-Sydney), inclusive of the fare.
- Greater choice for travellers with up to six Off Train Excursions available at selected stops.
Book online, or call 13 21 47.