Gold Service Sleeper Cabin
During the day, the compact Twin Berth Sleeper Cabins offer a comfortable three seater lounge, converting to an upper and lower sleeping berth at night. Your journey will be made even more comfortable with service from our hospitality attendant including fresh sheets, bath towels, pillows, doonas and complimentary toiletries. Twin Berth Sleeper Cabins have private en suite facilities with a hide-away compact toilet, wash basin and shower.
Single Berth Sleeper Cabins feature a comfortable lounge chair and foot rest by day and a single level sleeping berth by night. Cabins are fitted with a wash basin. Showers and toilets are located at either end of the Gold Service carriage.
Gold Service features include:
- Compact sleeper accommodation
- Stylish Restaurant Car dining included in your fare, with freshly prepared, delicious meals and waiter service
- Quality wines and beverages for purchase
- Lounge Car for relaxation and refreshments
- Cabin Steward service
- In-cabin music and detailed journey commentary available from your cabin sound system
- Complimentary toiletries kit
- Free ‘Platform’ magazine
- Complimentary tea and coffee available during your journey
- Gold Service Concession Fares available.
Gold Service Superior Cabin
If you’d like some extra space and comfort, the Gold Service Superior Cabin features a 3/4 size double bed and an additional fold-down single bed. It has its own lounge area with a table, armchairs, a well-stocked bar fridge with complimentary refreshments, your own private DVD player and a range of finer appointments to make your journey even more special. A surcharge of $830 applies per cabin per night and you’ll definitely need to book in advance.
Please contact your holiday consultant to find out more about Gold Service Superior Cabin inclusions and availability.
Gold Service Superior Cabin features include:
- 3/4 size double bed
- Double size cabin (compared to standard Gold Service Twin Berth Sleeper Cabin)
- Complimentary chocolates
- Bowl of fruit
- Complimentary in-room mini bar
- Plunger coffee
- Toiletries pack
- DVD player and selection of titles
- Optional room service for meals
- Complimentary bottle of wine with dinner.
Due to cabin space constraints, it is recommended guests take an overnight bag containing all requirements for their journey in their cabin and check in all other luggage. Guests are permitted to check in a maximum of 50kg of luggage free of charge (two items not exceeding 25kg each). Checked in luggage cannot be accessed during the journey.