Platinum ServiceExpand to View Map, Videos, Virtual Tours and Gallery
Platinum Service offers a new level of comfort to elevate your onboard experience to a truly global standard of luxurious travel. Enjoy our new spacious private cabins complete with plush, high quality fittings and en suite; elegant dining in the Queen Adelaide Restaurant Car; along with flourishes of service, attention and indulgence that turn a holiday into a life-enhancing experience. Our new Platinum Service typifies the hospitality and attention to detail that have made Australia’s Great Train Journeys world famous.
Once onboard, you set your own pace. Start with a continental breakfast served in your cabin, then spend a lazy day with a good book as the landscape rolls by, or maybe meet, greet and swap stories with your fellow travelers in the Outback Explorer Lounge.
The sheer convenience of on-call Cabin Steward Service and in-cabin menu makes this new service level a five-star travel and accommodation experience.
There’s no better way to immerse yourself in the timeless natural beauty of our great southern land than through the window of your private cabin. From the rolling plains of the south, through the stark beauty of the Red Centre and the tropical delights of the Top End, you’ll love having the time and space to absorb some of the most breathtaking scenery on Earth.
In our newly refurbished, world-class carriages, Great Southern Rail’s Platinum Service is the ultimate Australian rail adventure with unparalleled service in luxury surrounds. The rail travel experience of a lifetime awaits you.
Platinum Service Cabin features include:
- An exclusive new service, limited to just 25 Platinum Cabins for travel aboard The Ghan or Indian Pacific.
- Your cabin is a private lounge during the day with a movable table and two ottomans, offering plenty of room to entertain or simply relax and enjoy the journey.
- By night your private cabin converts to your choice of comfortable double or twin beds with quality bedding.
- All en suites are equipped with premium fittings, full size shower, vanity with cupboard space, mirror and toilet facilities.
- An oversized panoramic window in your cabin offers you a unique perspective on the ever-changing Australian landscape.
- Enjoy views from both sides of the train, as each cabin features an additional interior window.
- For your convenience and peace of mind each cabin offers a lockable door and in-cabin safe.
Platinum Cabin by Day
Platinum Cabin by Night
Your Dining Experience
Platinum Service guests dine in the elegantly themed Queen Adelaide Restaurant Car. At each meal you will be offered a choice of fine food freshly prepared by the onboard chefs. The seasonal menu features distinctly Australian mouth-watering dishes such as saltwater barramundi and grilled kangaroo fillet. You may choose to complement your meals with a selection of premium Australian wines and beverages available for purchase.
Included in your fare are full or continental breakfasts, all onboard lunches and a la carte dinners. Vegetarian and special dietary requirements are also available on request at time of booking.
Platinum Service features include:
- Cabin Steward service to cater to your needs
- Complimentary nightcap and turndown service provided nightly
- Enjoy tea/coffee delivered to your cabin each morning
- Complimentary morning or afternoon tea in your cabin
- Optional in-cabin continental breakfast or full breakfast in the Queen Adelaide Restaurant Car
Due to cabin space constraints, it is recommended guests take an overnight bag containing all requirements for their journey in their cabin and check in all other luggage. Guests are permitted to check-in a maximum of 75kg of luggage free of charge (three items not exceeding 25kg each). Checked-in luggage cannot be accessed during the journey.